Note: This page is NOT at all a comprehensive list of Rabbonim who wear and/or support Techeiles. There are many Rabbonim, Roshei Yeshivos, Rebbes, Dayanim and Talmidei Chachamim (some that you probably know or have heard of…) that wear and/or support Murex Techeiles. Some have specifically requested not to be publicized (yet).
- HaRav Bentzion Halberstam Shlit”a
- Rabbi Shlomo Gissinger ZT”L
- הרב ישראל בעלסקי זצ”ל
- הרב שריה דבליצקי זצ”ל
- הרב זלמן נחמיה גולדברג שליט״א
- הרב שמואל נדל שליט״א
- הרב עמרם אופמן שליט”א
- הרב משה מרדכי קארפ שליט”א
- הרב גרשון מלצר שליט”א
- הרב מאיר מאזוז שליט”א
- הרב שלמה מחפוד שליט”א
- הרב עקיבא סופר שליט”א
- הרב אהרן סופר שליט”א
- הרב זלמן סופר שליט”א
Letters of Support
הרב זלמן נחמיה גולדברג שליט״א
Harav Zalman Nechemia Goldberg Shlita is a son-in-law of the late Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach Zatzal, and is a leading Posek in Eretz Yisrael. He heads the Beis Din Hayashar Vehatov in Yerushalayim as well as the Yeshiva Sadigura. He is consulted by many prominent Rabbonim worldwide on matters of Gittin and Choshen Mishpat.
הרב משה מרדכי קארפ שליט”א
Harav M.M. Karp Shlita is one of the leading Rabbonim and Poskim in Kiryat Sefer. He has published several Seforim including הלכות שבת בשבת וחג בחג, משמרת מועד ועוד that have gained much acclaim in the world of Torah and Halacha.
הרב הגאון ר׳ שלמה זלמן אויערבאך זצ״ל
Although Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach Zatzal (1910-1995) cannot be listed as a supporter of Murex Techeiles, this page would be incomplete without citing what he did say on the subject, and perhaps more importantly – what he did NOT say. (Some have quoted Rav Shlomo Zalman as being anti-Murex.) From the letter below two things are clear:
- He did not look into the subject in any significant way – “אין לי ידע חשוב בענין זה”. (Similar to what Rav Elyashiv said.)
- He was definitely not against the concept that Techeiles could be found prior to the coming of Moshiach. (Otherwise he would not need to say that he has not researched the subject (to Dr. Ziderman) or that he is too elderly to start a new campaign (to Rav Burstein).
The first item below is the letter he wrote to Dr. R’ Yisrael Ziderman, one of the first to research the method to produce Murex Techeiles. The second item is a transcript of the conversation between Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach and Rav Menachem Burstein: